site redesign



Project Manager - Lead Researcher - Design Support

2 Week Sprint


Emadri is a "one of a kind" Company. It is the first B2B platform that personalizes "shoppable packing" and recommends experiences for travelers. Emadri was looking for a mobile site redesign, and since Emadri is a white label company, we designed as if Emadri had partnered with JetBlue.


First, we made sure we understood Emadri as a whole, so we started by researching their business and the competitive landscape they're in. After getting a firm background we collected 10 users for interviews, focusing on their habits when it comes to packing and preparing for trips. We then tested the current Emadri mobile site with 5 users. Once familiarized with our user's pain points we brainstormed ideas and prioritized features. Step by step leading us to create wireframes and a prototype which we put through 2 rounds of usability testing.


We saw positive results within the first round of usability testing post incorporating our redesign. As the iterations continued we found that the success rates increased as well as the user's curiosity and interest in the product. Emadri has begun implementing our designs.




We kicked off our research by digging deeper into Emadri's business as a whole. We researched Emadri's BMC and created a competitive matrix. This provided data into what competitors had or didn't have compared to Emadri.


We proceeded to conduct a mobile audit and heuristic evaluation to see right off the bat what changes should be made based on basic design principles and inconsistencies between mobile and desktop.


Below is the mobile audit I created pointing out the differences between the mobile and desktop version of Emadri's site.



Our goal for our interviews was to discover how users generally pack for leisure vacations; what they take into consideration when packing, and what their biggest pain points are when it comes to preparing for a trip.


- Interviewees didn't use apps to help pack or plan for their trips.

- Checked the weather when preparing for their trips.

- Users ended up either over packing or underpacking.

- Users like to shop at familiar places.

Below is the heuristic evaluation created for Emadri's mobile site. The evaluation calls out basic design principles used within a product. What we see here is that there is definite room for growth.


With the information collected from our interviews, we established our persona (target audience).


Fashion Designer

Pain Points


Overwhelmed with all the 

great on her honeymoon.   

Plan a fabulous honeymoon

for herself and her fiancé.

Relax and enjoy herself

after all the strussful

Wants to look and feel

shopping she has to do.

She has a busy schedule and

doesn't have much freetime.

Struggles to find accurate info 

about her destination

wedding planning.

in a timely manner.


By creating an empathy map, we provide ourselves with a visual representation of our user's journey and experience while accomplishing a task, in this case it was preparing for "Jessica's" honeymoon.


Before we jumped into the design we conducted 5 usability tests of the current site to get contextual data on how the users navigate Emadri's existing mobile site. By using our persona as a guide, we made 5 scenarios and task to have our users go through and try and accomplish.


- Users felt they weren't receiving enough feedback that actions had been taken.

- Users were unable to find CTA buttons.

- Users resorted to clicking around and guessing when accomplishing a task.




By synthesizing all the research we did, we were able to pin point the most important pieces, which made up our MVP. We created a feature prioritization and a MoSCoW map. This helped us keep in mind what features we wanted to use and keep in mind when ideating the site redesign.


By synthesizing all the research we did, we were able to pinpoint the most important pieces, which made up our MVP. We created a MoSCoW Map and did a feature prioritization, which helped us keep in mind what features were a must when designing our wireframes.


We went through 2 rounds of usability testing with our iterations and watched as success rates rose. We kept in mind the success rate, which was "graded" by whether the user to a direct path, indirect path, or was unable to accomplish the task. We also tracked the time and asked our users to score the experience out of 1 to 5, with 1 being easy and 5 being difficult.


What we see below in orange was the original average score users gave the usability of Emadri's mobile site. While the green shows the average score users gave the final prototype our team created.


After each task we asked our user's to score their experience; 5 being a poor experience and 1 being a great experience. What we see below in orange was the original average score, while the green shows the average score users gave while testing the final prototype our team created.



Our final wireframes were worked on in Flinto. Below is a walkthrough of our new designs starting from the entry point (aka the user's trip confirmation). If you have the Flinto Viewing App and would like to have a contextual experience with our Emadri redesign, please feel free to reach out to me for the file!